Withdrawal and Refund Policy
The following provisions pertain to all withdrawal and refund policies applied by the University unless specifically stated otherwise.
- STUDENT’S RIGHT TO CANCEL. As students are undertaking an online program, a student shall have the right to cancel the agreement and receive a full refund before the first lesson and materials are accessed. [The Program Registration Fees of $200 is non-refundable]
- Refunds (if any) shall be made within 45 days of the date that the institution determines that the student has canceled or withdrawn. There will be a full refund of all payments made if Calwest cannot deliver on any advertised degree program or course.
- Once a student begins a course within a program, and has accessed only the first topic of the course materials, a full refund will be made within a drop/add period of one week. If the student withdraws before the end of the drop/add period, provided no further topics are accessed, the student will be refunded all tuition and fees, as well as any funds paid to the institution for books or supplies which can be and are returned to the institution. Payments made to third parties for supplies, books, or equipment are not refundable.
- An institution shall give full online access to course materials if a student: (a) has fully paid for the course; and (b) after having accessed the first lesson and initial materials, accesses further course materials. If the student accesses the balance of the course material for which he or she has fully paid, Calwest shall remain obligated to provide the other educational services it agreed to provide, but shall not be obligated to pay any refund after the balance course material from the second lesson onwards are accessed.
- There will be no refund for Students who request credit assessment of external courses done via MOOC providers or other accredited universities ($25) once the assessment is completed.
- There will be no refund for Students who apply for Calwest’s Program Completion & Degree Granting Fee ($350) once the service is commenced.
Attendance and Leave of Absence